Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 20, 2024, 04:49:29 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

caleb's diary

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: caleb's diary  (Read 971 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2012, 07:44:34 am »

caleb is still pretty hostile when drew comes around. i've had to lock him in his cage when drew sits in the livingroom with me cause no matter where i put caleb, he gets on the floor and comes after drew. i can see where it would be a heck of a problem if he were to be re-homed in a house that has a resident man.  so i guess this house is the perfect fit for him.  smile3  i will need to get a good playgym put together that does not have access to the floor, cause he will get in the floor and wander round. i dont mind him getting in the floor in the spare room and playing with his foot toys. but wandering the livingroom is just not safe, i have too many birds who will get a bit snarky if someone invades their space. he's started getting a bit pickier with his breakfast, only eating the grapes and oranges. so i'm gonna try to give him the veggies and higgins first and then the oranges and grapes for a mid morning snack. see how that pans out. his wound seems to be healing but i need to get a good look at it today, he really wouldnt let me near it yesterday. he's doing quite well with playing on his own. i was pleasantly surprised bout that one. he will happily play with his toys or shred paper. in the evenings he wants a bit more attention but not the velcro bird thing i was expecting. he makes his 'too noises, but i make 'em with him.  dmblaf  when he and i do have a bit of cuddle time i make sure it never lasts more than 10 mins. i started working with him last nite with the trick training stuff i got AGES ago. (white acrylic box, colored coins, colored shapes with little birdie handles, rings with acrylic post) i think he'll be a perfect candidate for those. he's just sooo smart! he doesnt seem to know anything bout forraging. the treasure chest that skittles adored (and figured out in no time!) is still just hanging in the cage. i dont think its occured to caleb that it comes apart.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2012, 05:51:14 pm »

NOTE TO SELF: wear shoes when playing 'fetch' with caleb. he gets a bit on the excited side.   gimp

i got lots of cleaning done today. got some happy birds cause i spent special time with each one. i decided to play a little game of fetch with caleb in the bedroom floor (that is now less covered with toothpicks). i toss a stuffed toy. not much interest.  sleepy   i toss his jingle bell ball. Crest comes up and he leaps on it! he misses. Gets my big toe instead.  bugeye   cry  OUCH.  oh   slaph of course instinct takes over and i reach down to dislodge the parrot from my toe. Caleb realizes  :oopse5:  i got momma instead of my toy. Then he grabs his toy and hauls tail feathers to the other side of the room. I hobble over  gimp  and give him a scritch and tell him i'm not mad. i understand it was an accident. Then i hobble  gimp  to the bathroom to stem the bloodflow.  :julio:

uh i guess i'm officially 'christened'.  dmblaf  

btw, have ya ever heard the saying "fear of something happening is often worse than the actual event" ?  

this is NOT one of those cases.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 10:22:28 am »

I have some little random toys (think happy meal) that he might like, also baby toys...

cool how he realized he had you and not the ball, and went away SORRY!!  oh  that is a sweet bird, he is soo cool.
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 09:48:46 am »

Sweet Boy, Indeed thumb :pray:
Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2012, 12:10:18 pm »

awww how awesome is Caleb!!!  That is so great he is getting along so well with you. 
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »

Any updates on Caleb? I sure miss reading about him. loveuk
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 07:19:48 pm »

me too.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2012, 07:23:36 am »

okey dokey...updates... confused   think     thinkin3  

well, first of all, i glanced at my spam this morn (something i only do occasionally, at best) and found that the cage place sent me an e-mail on the 2nd.  bugeye  no blue. so i sent them an e-mail telling them platinium would be fine. BUT that means i STILL have a WEEK before i get the cage cause now they have to ship it.  pullhair  not their fault, but still annoying. i went ahead and grounded my e-mail for not giving me the message  smile3

caleb is doing fine, his wound doesnt seem to be getting any bigger nor any smaller. his vet appt is tomorrow and his jacket should be in this week. i cant decide if he's afraid of drew or if he's doing that 'one person bird' thing.  think  last nite i was playing with him in the spare room, drew came in to try to just talk to him and he attacked drew's foot. drew didnt run or anything, but he did leave the room. so as i played in the floor with caleb, drew stood on the other side of the 'gate' watching and talking to caleb. he is a real blast to watch when he plays.  lol  as he was bouncing around i would say out loud 'bouncie boucnie bouncie...' i'd love to get him to do that on cue. he cracks me up when he's playing with his toys, he will grab his toy and sling it up over his head to land behind him. Drew wants to teach him how to play birdie basketball.  lol  he is soooo nesty its just insane.  loco6  i am forever closing off dark corners.  slaph  i got a new tool and left it a bit too close to the floor, so hopefully it works okay, half the box is missing now.  goober  do ya think walmart would acccept 'my bird ate it' ?  think  
i found one of his chewed up flight shafts in the floor last nite, not sure if he molted it or pulled it. and havent gotten a chance to get a close look at his wings to see how many new flights he's got coming in. there were a few body feathers in the floor, too. but since my others have been slowly molting, i figure he may be too.

that's it for now, if i dont go make birdie breakfasts, i'm gonna have a riot on my hand.  dinner
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2012, 02:05:46 pm »

Toos don't molt like other birds do, they drop feathers all year long. When Powder wasn't plucking I'd find about 6 over night in his cage, when he went through a "molt" I'd find maybe 8-10. In a few days you should find another flight, they usually loose them about the same time from each side. It's wierd they usually over preen/chew their wings and tail freathers as opposed to plucking them. Many birds will pluck their chest and legs. I'm glad he's leaving his chest alone.
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2012, 04:56:01 pm »

a riot only on one hand?? it must be a small riot  :twirl: hee hee hee

is he leaving his chest alone??? I so hope so :)

so they molt more like budgies?: ALL the time?? COOL!! you can have a feather pillow in no time!!  towel

i want a pink feazer  smile3

and p.s. thanks for the fix.  :smokinjoe:
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2012, 01:30:02 pm »

I know right...Fix  :smokinjoe: is right.

Pretty Caleb....I do bet that that is cute as hell seeing him bounch all over the floor. Its real good that Drew isnt giving up....remind him that it takes months, sometimes years to earn it (trust)= plus his normal bad mouth cursing / hatred toward the male species in general...whew that Boy has his hands full too slaph...poor Drew hugu

I to go home to a dropped feather on the floor of the cage.....I dont think they are "getting plucked out"....

Ya know Wishy, come to think of it....the Ornie you got me and P** I never did anything with it and had started a baggie system with names, and Ive been collecting and have enough to add to the Ornies..gonna be cool when it comes down to me taking the time to corral em up.

Hey a Pink Fuzzie would really be cool droolon2...I'd like to have one meself....dang (everybody begging for feathers from a Too)

Warm Wishes. loveuk
P

Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #56 on: March 05, 2012, 06:01:05 pm »

Im so jealous of all of you its so bad DX
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2012, 08:54:07 am »

learn from us, live vicariously through us, then get a tiel and join us in parronthood.  thumb  I was part of bird channel and here for like 2 years before I was able to get a bird.   you are a great addition to the pack...er, flock? lol
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

YoshiMike13
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 7

Level 3 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2012, 12:35:10 pm »

Yeah the thing is that i gotta wait like 6 years not 2
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2012, 03:26:27 pm »

I waited 25 years dude.  lickit
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: