Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 06:57:08 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

couple of kookoo birds

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: couple of kookoo birds  (Read 182 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: December 30, 2011, 06:30:39 pm »

Between holidays, crafts, work, and being sick... the fiddies have been a bit neglected. I just havent been able to give them the attention that they need, ya know? So when i went to put ollie to bed last nite and he tried to roll over on his back on a 1/2inch perch  slaph  i made the plan to try to play with them each a bit tonite, no matter what. so i came in and let everyone out of his/her cage. Ollie immediately came over to play with my shoes. which means, to chew the heck outta my shoes.  headhammer  but i did manage to give him some attention. After a few minutes, he happily went back to his cage to eat his evening ritz. So now i had to put the groceries away. Skittles helped. he rode round on my shoulder as i put the food in the freezer, fridge, and cabinets. He enjoyed himself and went back to his cage for a nice ritz, too. Now it is marley's turn. now when i went shopping back... er... whenever i went to town with my friend, i got marley a little toy. Its called a kookoo bird. its small, the basic size and shape of a ping pong ball, with a beak and little felt feet and wings. when ya squeeze it, it makes this laughing noise followed by a spit noise.  slaph So anyway, i tossed kookoo up for marley to chase, i squeezed it and as it laughed across the cage, so did marley! running and flapping at top speed, apparently the object of his game was to get the toy and toss it back to me before it stops making noise. i toss it, he LEAPS off the rail of the cage and runs to the toy, grabs it up, he's in such a hurry, he keeps getting it caught in the random hanging toys over the cage.  dmblaf the whole time he's giggling with the toy. he gives it a toss, i quickly toss it back, he just as quickly snatches it up and tosses it at me. i toss it back, he tosses it off the front of the cage and eagerly leans over looking at it, waiting for me to toss it back, i crawl down and toss it back, but forget to squeeze it so he leaps on it and begins slamming it against the bars of the cage, apparently trying to make it make noise for him. he tosses it back to me. i squeeze and toss it, he tries to sling it off the front of the cage, but has a bit of a curve ball kinda thing going, it falls inside the cage on one of the platforms, so he quickly scales the cage, jumps across the platform and slings it to the bottom of the cage, then looks at me and cheeps. i guess that means "fetch!"  laugh  so i toss it back to him, he and i are just having a blast with this dumb little $5 toy. he goes to toss it to me and it lands on the back of the sofa, as soon as it lands he runs down the side of the cage, (defying gravity by the way) grabs it and slings it against the back of my head! then quickly climbs back up (giggling the whole way) for the next volley. now he's really having a blast throwing it behind the cage, in front of the cage, to me, to the other side of the cage, just all over. and taking pleasure in watching me crawl around to retrieve it. one toss rolls in the kitchen floor! as i toss it back to him, he grabs it and tosses it back so fast it lands on my seat and i end up sitting on it! he must've thought that was great cause he picked that moment to make a big ole kissey noise at me! as i typed this little story, i have been tossing kookoo bird, retrieving kookoo, crawled under the cage and sofa after it, sat on it several times, and fended off the deadly feline that occasionally tires to pounce on mr. kookoo. then he may have been a bit tooo excited. as he tossed it off the side of the cage he forgot to let go, and tossed himself off too! he landed on the back of the sofa, stood up, ruffled his feathers, cheeped at me, climbed back up to the rail, cheeped and ruffled again... and leaped on mr.kookoo and did a forward flip and attempted to kill mr.kookoo.  laugh laffhrd  at this point he's so excited he's gone into overload. his little eyes are red whirrling kalydascopes! so i decide its time to calm down before things get outtta hand. so mr.kookoo is on the floor under the cage and there he will stay for a bit. now marley is calmer and quietly preening and scratching his widdle head and chin... i love to watch him scratch his widdle chin.  loveuk

« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 06:45:14 pm by steptoe91(tozie) » Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 08:08:52 pm »

OH my, I am exhausted just reading this!  You really need to catch this on video!  laffhrd laffhrd
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 10:53:20 am »

2funny2  I can just hear his little maniacal laugh with the toy.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: