Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 04:40:32 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

really?? why NOW??

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: really?? why NOW??  (Read 202 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: December 12, 2011, 07:29:51 pm »

i got home before 4 today. came in, threw some laundry in the wash but really mostly sat in the livingroom with the fids and furries. i was gone all day yesterday, gone most of today at work, so this evening, i'm kinda tired but i wanted to spend my time with the fids and furries just quietly enjoying each other's company. ALL afternoon/evening ollie has wandered. he wandered to the hallway, i put him back on his cage. he wandered under his cage, i let him play til he wandered to twiggy's cage, then he went back to his cage. i never shut the door, but each time i put him in the cage. this went on and on and on...   now, skittles has played with his toys most of the time; his new measuring cups: very satisfyingly noisey; his hanging plastic chains: not so noisey unless you count the pteradactyl screams that go along with this game; ringing his bell like a feathered little hunchback of notre dame: very noisey; screaming at me for taking pics of everything BUT him: very noisey. Marley has thrown every toy he owns on the floor for me to pick up, could he throw them to me?? NOOOOO, he knows HOW to throw them to me, he just choose to throw them on the floor so i'd have to get up. And not just on the floor, but on the floor BEHIND the cage, so i'd have to crawl under the cage to get them back for him. Then we had Darla, who spent ALL DAY with rocky, but when i let the cat out for them to play, what does she do? she goes in the bedroom and thumps around and annoys the crap outta rocky til he actually growls at her. Then we flash back to Marley who has thrown all his toys down and is bored, so he leaps on my head and begins trying to give me multiple ear piercings and when i shoo him away from that project, he tries to pull out my eyelashes. Then there's twiggy, normally a quiet, happy fid: she seems to feel the need to chastise EVERYTHING in the house: the cat for walking by, darla for running by, skittles for screaming, ollie for walking under her cage, me for going to the bathroom.  slaph  So i decided about 10 minutes ago, i'm gonna put all these guys to bed early, we were all up late last nite and back up early this morning, so they are probably tired, i KNOW im tired. AS SOON as i decided this, now keep in mind, i havent said a word out loud, i'm just contemplating this in my head, but as soon as my decision is made... EVERYONE is suddenly happily quiet. Ollie begins chewing on one of his toys on top of the cage. Skittles goes to his bowl for a quiet snack. Marley crawls in my shirt, nestles down, and slowly scratches his own head. Twiggy cuddles up to a rope on top of the cage and goes to sleep. Darla, Rocky, and the cat all curl up on the rug and go to sleep together. REALLY??? NOW?? after all the chaos of the evening?? NOW you're gonna be happily quiet and settled down??    slaph

but mom's not falling for the fake out, i'm tired. and i'm sure they are, too. its time for bed!
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 07:58:08 pm »

Murphy's Law of Parenting #34 apparently works for birds too!  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 09:34:05 pm »

Not sure what #34 is but ... laugh
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:41:47 pm »

No rest for the weary deary.   smile3

I love the Twiggy chastizing part cuz I can just hear her.  laugh  I love that you call it that cuz that is EXACTLY what it sounds like!
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 03:02:46 am »

You didn't know that birds are mind readers?!  laugh
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 07:32:37 am »

Not sure what #34 is but ... laugh

just when you are about to put everyone to bed because they are cranky and so are you; they stop and are then so harmonious that you don't want to move, lest break the spell.......even though everybody still outta be in bed. LOL.. it happens here riiiiiight around bedtime on full moons sometimes.
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: