Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 09:03:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

oh yeah, there's a problem with the critters....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: oh yeah, there's a problem with the critters....  (Read 176 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: November 30, 2011, 07:03:47 pm »

think  huh, what's the problem with the critters?  it's YOUR problem.  tongueout  my son and i had this conversation yesterday afternoon. right before he left.  dmblaf

so i'm in the kitchen as Drew leaves. Skittles is yelling "BYE BYE!! LAA LAAA!!! GOOOOOD BOY!"  laugh  i guess i need to change up my morning speech? i have ollie on top of his cage yelling "MOOOOOMMMMMAAAAAAAA!" he thinks i'm leaving. as i walk back in the room, ollie happily yells "HI YA!"  dmblaf  I guess he figured it was a quick trip?  so Rocky lays in the floor to nap. he's had a hard day: sleeping, napping, and resting.  darla lays at my feet, with her pet cat.  slaph as she lays on her side, so the cat can reach her head, the cat leaps on her face, grabs her lip in its mouth, and begins attempting to pull it off. darla just looks at her like "whatcha doin? i thought we were gonna play." the cat starts to walk away, well, darla isnt done playing. so she grabs the cat's back leg and drags it back over.  laffhrd  the whole time the cat is slapping her in the face with her front paws. she lets go, cat pounces on her face, she responds by 'punching' the cat with her nose. skittles apparently decided they were playing too rough so he yells "ENOUGH! LIL ROCK! NO! STOP IT!"   lol  as i'm giggling at my big red referee, marley throws his snowman at me and begins giggling. so i throw it back to him, but i guess that wasnt part of his plan. his eyes start pinning and he stalks towards me down the side of his cage. he stops half way down and leaps on top of my head and stands up there like king of the mountain, preening. twiggy takes this moment to have a nice bath... and sloshes water all over the floor. meanwhile, ollie has decided that its playtime. he gets his doggie, chews on it, drops it, and then looks at it like "hey! come back here! i wasnt done!" so i get my 'head ornament' back to his cage, and pick up ollie's doggie. offer it to him. he looks at it like he's never seen such a thing. so i lay it down, head into the spare room to get a new movie... slip on twiggy's puddle that i forgot was there. well, that freaked EVERYONE out! Skittles screamed, darla and kitten ran to the kitchen, marley flew blindly to the floor, and twiggy screamed and flew to skittles' cage.  slaph geeeze people! it wasnt THAT bad! so i grab skittles before it dawns on him his territory has been encroached upon. reach down with my other hand and get marley back to his cage. as i'm walking by, i glance in the kitchen, the kitten looks like a big black cotton ball.... with a tail.  dmblaf   twiggy flies back to her cage, so i can put skittles back. only then do i realize, my movie book was on the sofa. i never had to go in there in the first place.  slaph  so i settle back on the sofa to look round the board. skittles is steady talking to me " hello burd! hi!! hey! whacha doin? gooooooo buuuuurrrd..." and so on. marley is on top of his cage, eating some oatmeal.... and slings some in my hair. as i'm typing on my keyboard, i'm really not looking around me.... i suddenly have a little black kitten pounce in the middle of my keyboard... followed by a big black puppy head!! thanks darla. about this time i realize ollie is on the floor... with both dogs and the cat!  bugeye  not really sure who i'm more worried about, the dogs, the cat or the bird! ollie waddles over, gets marley's new barrel (that patti sent to him) and carries it back to his cage. okaaaay. i guess ollie felt marley didnt appreciate it? now marley is standing on his open door eating... the problem with this?? well, skittles stands by his bowl and feeds darla, and she expects ALL birds to feed her. Marley is scared of her and attacks her when she gets in his 'bubble'. so guess what? i had to save the 85lb great dane from the 147 gram caique.  slaph  next thing i know, the cat comes running by me at top speed, darla immediately tries to follow... hello?? darla is too big to run in this house anymore. so smash crash... mouse goes flying off my table along with my cell phone and a bottle of antihistamines. why didnt my cherry coke go flying? when i saw the cat run by i snatched up the cherry coke! i KNOW these creatures!  roll  that's it! its time for BED! i get the dogs in the kitchen, lock the cat up, as i'm givng the pups their bedtime treats i hear ollie's donkey bray. look up in time to see him on the gate between the kitchen and the livingroom...WITH MARLEY.  bugeye as my brain is sending the signal to RUN down to my legs, marley LEAPS ON OLLIE'S BACK.  oh  WTH???? death wish bird!! ollie makes this weird grunt noise, i think he was as stunned as i was. he was originally ignoring marley cause he just wanted to be in the same room with me. so i grab a pizza box outta the trash and put it between them, by the time i'd gotten there, marley had slid off ollie's back and was facing off with him on the side of the gate. manage to get marley up and stuffed in his cage. get ollie's lance and get him up. well, needless to say, he's all wound up and attacking the bottle protector. get him stuffed in his cage. finally after a few more minutes of settling things down, get everyone in BED. i then start to shut down my computer for the nite and look over at skittles' cage, he's peeking under the cover and as i notice him, he tells me "GO NITE NITE!!"   slaph 

i dont think i was ever so happy to get all the critters in bed. cause drew was right, it's my problem.  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 07:47:49 pm »

slaph  Um, ...  laffhrd 2funny2
Report Spam   Logged
BilboMisty
Hahn's Member

Like my post 17

Of all the animals, Parrots chose me! <3

Level 5 Sixth year Anniversary Windows User
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 08:56:09 pm »

laugh I can picture all this happening! UTTER CHAOS!

I loved the "Darla's Pet Cat" reference. Its so cute she loves da kitty! loveuk
Report Spam   Logged

Noah Adam Francisco, Born January 8th, 2013

Momma to:
1 Cockatiel--Peanut
1 Pacific Parrotlet-- Clover
I MISS YOU COOPER!
FLY HIGH MISTY!! 03-12-2008 to 10-19-2010 I MISS YOU BABY GIRL!
1 Dutch Blue Pied Female Lovebird--Flicka: Fly High sweetheart, We will miss you!
1 Calico Kitty--Kaya
1 Dark Eyed White Ferret, female; Jinx
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 09:53:28 pm »

I love the big red referee's statement!  It kills me that he calls Darla Lil Rock.
I too can picture all the chaos.  ( and unfortunately the death wish bird part too)

laffhrd
Report Spam   Logged

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 12:32:17 pm »

laffhrd laffhrd
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print