Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 10:47:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Worst sports team moment?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worst sports team moment?  (Read 138 times)
BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 27, 2011, 11:28:52 am »

What was the worst moment you watched via your favorite sports team?  Seeing I am a Buffalo fan the list is very large but will just post the worst.  It was Super Bowl 25 Biils Vs Giants.  It was our first super bowl.  3 seconds left Giants 20 Bills 19 and we line up for the game winning field goal to be champs :deer:  I must have chugged two beers before they lined up.  It sailed wide right. oh  Just like that, game over and no champs.  My beer slipped out of my hand I went to the kitchen, collapsed on the floor and honestly started bawling sad8  It took all them years to get there and so close cwy  My X said "there is always next year".  I said, yeah right, like it took us 25 years and is not easy to get to the super bowl.  Boy, she was right.  3 more years in a row (4 in a row total) of super bowl losses  slaph  bangdhead 
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 11:31:10 am by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 06:02:27 pm »

It was a couple years ago against Pitts in the championship game and our relatives in Pittsburgh kept calling and calling...and CALLING.  GRRR!  Then sent us a care package in the mail with hats and tees and such with the steelers who won the SB.

Or the Red Sox moment when Bill Buckner let the baseball slowwwllllyyyy roll past him!  slaph 
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 07:06:56 am by Ditty » Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 07:47:34 pm »

Ditty?  I have no sympathy for you.  You guys have, what?  3 super bowls, 2 world series, and one NBA championships all within 10 years?  Go back to eating more chowder and let me go back to eating cat turds stop
Report Spam   Logged
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 07:53:54 pm »

and don't forget the CUP the STANLEY CUP!   smile3

Ya I know, I know, title town, but when ya play against the relatives team and they rub it in ALL year  UGH LOL.  Nah all in good fun.  Course it was not always like this, when I was a kid we had nothing till the 80's C's came along!!
Report Spam   Logged

Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 02:48:09 am »

well the worst one for me was when the vikings played the saints in the nfc championship in 2009. between brett farve and adrian peterson we had several turnovers and stupid fumbles that shouldnt have happened. my witchy sister in law wouldnt let hubby live it down. we have never been to a super bowl so that would have been nice. the other worst sports thing was when the packers beat the steelers last year,but i guess the steelers were just being nice to the packers.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: