Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 11:52:34 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

It's that time of year, so beware!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's that time of year, so beware!  (Read 198 times)
BuffaloParrot

Badges: (View All)
« on: November 02, 2011, 06:05:10 pm »

Especially if you are going to P&B's house!  :deer:  outahere ..   laffhrd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIZisVCXNCI&feature=related
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 06:18:09 pm »

Oh we have a bunch of em down the road in my friends house every am.  i told her send em down, they eat grubs!  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:18:38 pm »

slaph  alrighty then. when i first hit play every fid in the house jumped and started yelling.  hardlaf  

but ya know, i've noticed that most turkeys get a little irritable during the month of november, i had a brother-in-law who was downright hostile.....  smile3  oh ya  mean the feathered kind?? oooh. okay. most of the turkeys down here try to get room at my sis's house... she's a vegetarian... the only veggetarian i know who doesnt like vegetables.  slaph lol
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 06:22:11 pm »

Many times in the AM if you look out back you can see a huge flock coming out of the trees and heading to our house.  They get here slowly and their numbers increase while doing so.  Reminds me of a well planned military attack by an immense army think
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 07:47:49 pm »

The reason you have to be careful in the Fall is because yurkeys get stupid! Seriously! You can just about walk up on them if you're doing a lousy turkey cluck or yelp.

In the Spring they are very wary, a breeze in a blowing leaves will send them scattering and screaming.

Last Spring we had one fly into the passenger window of hubs truck, thankfully he had just put it almost all the way up (it was in the process of being closed). He shattered the drivers window, the heated, remote drivers side mirror (cha-ching!!!), and cracked the windshield and RAN away!! Why, because the car ahead of us beeped it's horn!
Report Spam   Logged
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 08:07:28 pm »

So now in "Fall" their stupi huh?  Hmm, time to get me old call back and then.... dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner dinner  chick2 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1 chick1
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:09:39 pm by AdminBuffaloParrot » Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 07:18:42 am »

Seriously, I have called them in and had them walk right up to the tree I was standing next to, only to walk them around the tree several times while calling.
I taught Powder how to do a Turkey call by using a wing-bone call and he taught all the other birds here to do it. Max, Higgy, & Powder sound like Toms and Poncho sounds like a Hen!  laffhrd

Wild Turkey is AWESOME!! The only thing when cooking them is you MUST baste every 20 minutes or they dry out. We always skin ours as plucking a turkey take FOREVER and you can't use your hands fordays afterwards.
Report Spam   Logged
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 11:11:48 am »

This says it all....
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 01:36:20 pm »

dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged
plantsandbirds
Splendid Sr. Member