Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 01:34:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

The Feline Controversy in Australia and America

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Feline Controversy in Australia and America  (Read 63 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:32:21 am »

BrokenWing Chronicles
The Feline Controversy in Australia

I am quoting from an older article.
(Quote)
After my original 1993 article about cats in Australia there was a mouse plague in parts of Australia. Poison baits laid for marauding mice killed millions of small marsupials. Some cat-lovers hoped that the cat's prowess as mouse-killer would improve its image. Sadly this did not happen. The anti-cat lobby became more vociferous and some "environmental groups" campaigned for the extermination of feral s and strays while pet cats would be subject to impossibly strict controls.

(Comment)
The feline was imported into the USA for the reason of rodent control, this reason has set the roots for the way Americans think, "The feline kills, this is what they do, its a norm".
Mice and other "pests" are not the only items on the felines menu, millions of song birds are killed by the feline.
The feline is not a natural part of the food chain here in North America.
Many of our natural predators are now starving.

(Quote)
"The Cat You Now Own Could Be Your Last" was a headline in the newsletter of Tasmania's "Feline Education Line". Eighteen months previously Sherbroke, Victoria had introduced Australia's first cat registration and curfew. Other areas took their lead from this while the anti-cat lobby seemed to view it as a way of ridding the country of cats, period.

(Comment)
33 birds are on the extinct list due to feral and free roaming felines.
Who really pays the ultimate price as man kind dwells within the political agenda concerning the feline?
As feline lovers rush in to protect there "Rights" and "Freedom", the critical issue becomes clouded.
You being a feline lover, would not be protecting such rights and freedom if there was no problem.

(Quote)
WHAT ABOUT THE OTHER THREATS TO NATIVE WILDLIFE?

While measures are being taken against unowned cats, what measures are being taken against other nails in the coffin - urban sprawl, pollution, traps, trigger-happy individuals, over-intensive farming etc?

(Comment)
This concern is nothing less than a (Cloud) and doesn't belong in this agenda, its soul purpose is to confuse (to re-direct) off the main issue, (Feline ownership and regulations).
This is where a (fat cat lawyer) would stand up and say (I object)....but the fact that (these clouds) and (irrational thinking) on the part of humans proves how desperate man kind can be when protecting such (false Rights and Freedom).
Man kinds evolution and his/her destructive ways are a completely different subject, but the cat lover, there rights and there freedom will demand they bring just about every other issue there is to (Cloud) the facts.

(BrokenWings final words)
The feline is a carnivore, a predator, for this reason alone, "keep your domesticated feline within the home at all times".
Would you open the door and allow your 3 year old daughter or son to roam freely outside?
"Goodbye sweetheart, see ya tonight when you get home".
I do not want your feline on my property stalking and killing wildlife that comes here daily to eat and drink.
The sooner you (man kind) begins to realize that being able to keep and care for any animal is a privilege not a RIGHT, the sooner the horror's done unto animals will come to an end.
I live trap the stray feline here, I then hand that animal over to the authorities, a (bird lover-animal lover) once made a comment on my ways to control the (stray feline) issue here on my property by saying I was wrong, that the shelter will kill the cat.
My reply
"That is not a concern of mine, it should be a concern of the felines owner".
And another so called (bird lover) replied, "here when our cat comes home with a bird in his/her mouth, we reward our cat".
My reply
"Now that's a real bird lover".
And another thread started on a Parrot Forum went as follows, "our cat just brought a Cardinal home, we tried to save the bird but couldn't".
My reply
"Maybe if your cat wasn't allowed to roam freely outside the Cardinal would still be alive, there would be no need to try and save his/her life".
"Do you keep birds within your home as a pet, and why?, are your intentions not to keep the bird safe and sound and free from harm?".
"Do you love birds, or just the birds you keep caged in your home as pets?"
"Is your feline not being kept as a pet?".
"Then why do you not keep him/her caged within your home (safe and sound) as you do your bird?".
In my travels, my efforts to help protect all animals, I (frankly) find it appalling seeing a need to stand up and protect animals from animal lovers, I find it very hard to fight humans that simply put (don't care) what happens to animals, but now...I even have to fight (animal lovers).
Seems mentioning numbers is an open door for such controversy, so I will simply say this.
"Many felines are killed each and everyday at shelters here in the USA, they were picked up by animal control, handed over by careless humans, (no longer wanted)".
Why are there animal shelters?
Why are there animal control officers?
Do you think it all comes down to but one issue, Human Carelessness?
Does not such carelessness prompt (laws) to govern?
I leave you all with these words...
There is no greater wrong, than the wrong made by a person that done nothing, because he/she felt they could do so little.

BrokenWing
Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:58:08 am »

Clouds

In a recent posting on Craigslist as people fought went as follows.

Humane Societies are not funded by American tax payers money.

There are 3 (Tax payer supported animal shelters) per Humane Society

>:( thousands of companion animals are killed each year in each major city per year  >:(

>:( in the last 40+ years, Man has added the Parrot to his/her pet list >:(

Would you (the responsible kind loving Parrot owner) fight for and support such laws that may take away your Right and Freedom to be able to care for parrots in an attempt to take the Parrot out of the hands of the MANY, that continue to use the Parrot for gain or profit, that continue to throw the lives of parrots around as if they have no meaning?.....would you?

Parrots can now be found at your local animal shelter, right along side of the Feline and Dog.

Where does this end?

Is there an end?

:'(

Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: