Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:35:21 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

short morning ramble...

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: short morning ramble...  (Read 182 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: October 23, 2011, 08:54:20 am »

each morning when i get up, i take the fids' covers off their cages, let the dogs out, just lately: feed the kittys, and  sit on the sofa waiting for my meds to kick in enough to  NOT move around like i'm 80... unless i open at work. then i dont get to sit around, i get in the shower and start getting ready for work.... tho, i'm still moving slow. anyway, the point is: when i'm off or i close, i will sit on the soafa in my gown taking my time motivating.  so on those days i'm sitting in my gown, skittles will sit on his totem pole and watch me. after about 10 mins, when its apparent i'm not getting in the shower, he looks at me and says "go nite nite? work? go nite nite? work?.." he says this over and over until i tell him either "yes, i close tonite. momma gotta work til nite nite time" or "no, momma's off. do ya want momma to stay home with you today?" then he doesnt ask again until the next day i'm sitting on the sofa. its actually kinda cute. <melt>
i've also noticed that marley has been talking alot more. particularly in the mornings. i put a platform in the cage, its set right next to me and when he sits on it and i sit on the sofa, he's about eye level with me. so while he's waiting for me to get up and make breakfast he sits there and talks to me: hello? marley? good bird. want breafast? are ya hungry? whatever! (that one is thanks to twiggy! she taught him to say it!).    anyway, its kinda cute, like he's waking up with me. oh, and he does acrobatics too. as i type he's beating the tar outta his green plastic chain and occasionally standing on his head in the corner. i've never seen a fid stand on their head like he does, he will actually get in the corner, roll on his head with his feet straight up in the air and sit like that for a few seconds.  loco6   dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 09:35:11 am »

dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged
Debz
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 32

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 11:13:20 am »

laugh  awww... hugu
Report Spam   Logged

Pippo -4 year old normal gray male tiel
Catania -3.5 year old pearl lutino female tiel
Home in Colorado
BrilliantFids
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 23

Level 5 Windows User Combination
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 12:00:09 pm »

standing on his head in the corner. i've never seen a fid stand on their head like he does, he will actually get in the corner, roll on his head with his feet straight up in the air and sit like that for a few seconds.  loco6   dmblaf

Talon does that too! Its so funny.
Report Spam   Logged

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2011, 04:09:02 pm »

LOL he is doing his morning Yoga!!!! I love how skittles not only knows to ask if you are going to work, but WHICH SHIFT!!!!!!  bugeye that bird blows my mind...

Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: