Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 07:58:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

tether bottle

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tether bottle  (Read 196 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:28:00 pm »

i'm sitting on the sofa. its only 30 mins to bedtime. got fiddies all around me. skittles climbs to the top of his rope, he's hanging near the ceiling. he yells at me "luv luv!?" this means "momma i would like some attention." but gravity's got me, as well as the big ole puppy leaning against my legs with her head on my lap. ollie is playing on his playtop. he grabs the little semi-circle ladder and does a little loop-de-loop, he cant quite bring himself to lay on his back, but he's playing happily with his bunny. holding it in his hand and chewing it. he drops it, instead of picking it up with his mouth as most 'animals' do, he chooses to grab it with his 'hand'. stretching his little leg so he can reach it.   loveuk   the whole time skittles is talking to me.... yelling at me. "momma! hey! luv luv? hey! move it rock! MOM-MMMMAAAA!!" he's gotten on his totem pole, so he can better project his voice.  slaph  so i get up to go in the bedroom and decide i'll take him with me. i hold my arm out, he raises one foot and looks at me cautiously, "step up?" he says. i say "yeah baby, you can come with me. step up." he still wont step up. he has one foot on my arm but he's still looking at me cautiously, "step up?" he asks again. "yes baby. momma's not mad at you. step up." i'm patiently waiting. apparently his previous owners would get frustrated with his persistence and 'punish' him. at least that's my best guess. cause he's never been disciplined here for yelling (or screaming, for that matter.)  but when he's been particularly loud and i go to get him, he is always very cautious about stepping up on my arm. i gently say to him "its okay baby, momma's not mad, i promise. you can step up." he finally believes that momma's not mad at him and steps up. we go in the bedroom, he gets on my bed, he doesnt care for my sheets, they're satin and he slides on them.  dmblaf  as i go to get him back up and take him back into the livingroom he quickly grabs a clean sock outta the clothes pile.... and refuses to let it go.  slaph so back to the livingroom with his pet sock. he takes it up on his landing pad, gives it a sling across the room and yells at the top of his voice 'UH OH!!"  yeah, right, i belive it was an accident... NOT.  dmblaf  so i get his favorite bottle and tie it back to his rope for a nice game of tether bottle. omg. its been broken for almost a week. so he was in heaven! he grabbed that bottle and shook the tar outta it let it go! of course its tied to a string so it doesnt go far. i toss it back to him and he head butts it back to me. i grab it, shake it to make lots of noise and toss it back to him, he again head butts it. we toss it back and forth several times. at a pause in the play while i get a quick drink, he happily scrambles so hes on the landing pad but his tail is hanging in the cage behind him (rather than standing sideways with the cage on his right and his tail hanging next to the cage). i toss it to him, he grabs it, shakes it, tosses it back. and then he quickly 'hides around the corner' now picture this: the cage is made of bars with a 1 inch gap.. or is it 1 1/4?.. anyway, he's hiding behind a wall that is made of bars!  laugh  i begin laughing and say "skittles? are you hiding?" he jumps back to the platform and yells "rawr!"  laugh laffhrd  i'm dying now. so we play tether bottle til he's tired of it and goes to get a quick snack. he had a blast, was tickled to death with his 'trick', and worked off some more of that wonderful macaw energy. i'm telling ya, they never cease to amaze me.... an amuse me, for that matter.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 02:41:55 am »

OMG that fid cracks me up.  I love the rawr!  laffhrd  And hiding...well if he can't see you, you can't see him right.  dknow  dmblaf

He has such a sense of humor!!  thumb loveuk

I know I have asked before but where did you say you get all the little animals, and how little are they?
Report Spam   Logged

steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 07:45:01 am »

that's okay ditty. i was dying laughing at him. you're right, that crazy parrot has the best sense of humor.

i got some of the small toys at mcdonald's in happy meals. my friend keeps an eye out for small soft  toys in them. ollie's doggie is from the Hotel for Dogs toys from a few years ago. mr. sheep was also from mcd's, he is a ty  teeny beanie from their meals about 3 or more years ago. i also get the ty teeny beanies at work for holidays, that's what mr. snowman is. they are roughly 3 inches. some a bit bigger some a bit smaller. like marley's purple eye'd green monster is actually taller than he is, but its light so he loves to play with it.
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 08:35:44 am »

I LOVED THIS!!! I was luaghing out loud!!! the budgies stopped to look at me like was a loon because I was just cracking up, I don't do that much anymore..  confused

thank you!!

RAWR!!!

move it rock!, (he obviously sees the dog leaning on you and it is obviously pinning you down) the logic the bird displays is sooo staggering!!!!  bugeye LOVE ME SOME SKITTLES!!

Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
BirdCrazy
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 18

Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 09:49:41 am »

Oh my gosh! That is just too cute!

I was dying laughing reading this.  loveuk loveuk lol
Report Spam   Logged

Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 10:19:33 am »

that was darn funny,i love how he tried to hide and then scare you. your birds sure do have great personalities
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: