Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 18, 2024, 05:37:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

I am buying a new air purifier

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I am buying a new air purifier  (Read 231 times)
Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Badges: (View All)
Search Level 4 Windows User
« on: October 02, 2011, 08:59:19 pm »

I currently have an air purifier that uses filters and I am looking at getting a filterless.  I am looking at one that uses heat, and one that uses water.  I am definately not getting an electrostatic one since I am EMF sensitive.  Not doing ionizers cuz they are bad for the fids and us. 

Currently I am leaning toward the water one, still has to be changed daily but it is just water, not a hepa filter and carbon filter that needs to be cleaned etc.  So does anyone have any good, bad, ugly on these water based ones?

And I know they can use essential oils, is there any bird safe ones on the market and where do I get them?
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 05:14:04 am »

Don't know anything about air purifiers, but do know that ionizers are bad as you stated. I use a box fan with a furnace filter on the back. I have 2 air purifiers but neither works as well as the box fan with the filter so we stopped using them. I do know that any scents are very bad for birds, whether they are sprays, candles, plug ins, or oils because they damage birds lungs.
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 08:29:28 am »

i have two honeywell air purifiers that I got last year and have worked VERY WELL> they have permanant filters and all it takes is 3 minutes TOPS and a canistaer vac and they are clean for a month! voi la!  towel yeah the ionizers are awful and I sold them all last year at my yard sale, after thay sat for a year unused.  I hear the ones that us a UV light to kill stuff works very well, they are just $$$. 

I have a dehumidifier, and the problem I have with it is the water inside makes stuff grow and you can feel the slime even though I don't see any mold or smell it, and I empty it at least once daily. I don't know if that would happen with a purifier though..  think

if you go on Amazon .com and look up what you are interested in, there are TONS of user reviews to read about that particular product that can help you decide what to get, I like them because they give you a real-life view of what it would be like to actually use the product.

Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
BuffaloParrot

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 03:44:50 pm »

Box fan with a furnace filter on the back?  Hmmm idea
Report Spam   Logged
Sondra
Flock Leader

Like my post 42

Fifth year Anniversary Level 4 Search
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 03:46:20 pm »

Wishy, add a capful of bleach for every gallon of water and it will keep the mold down. You can also use white vinegar but you'll smell it whereas with the bleach you won't.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: