Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 29, 2024, 04:58:50 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Say what you want about quakers....

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Say what you want about quakers....  (Read 176 times)
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« on: August 07, 2011, 09:17:38 pm »

Mean, sassy, biters, loud.....yada yada yada. My Buddy is a very special fid, and a very loving QP. I love this bird. loveuk   This morning I went in the fid room and turned the light on. Jade was pouting in her hut. She is best left alone at these times. Usually to let them out, its the pecking order. Jadie first, then Bud. Next is Dex and Morgan, and Bella last as she has been a bit of a bully lately. So, I bypass J.B. and go to Buddy. I say "Hello Buddy." She looks me right in the eye and says "Hello my mommy. I love you." Now, tell me she doesn't know what she is saying. Then it was all quaker hugs and smoochy kisses and smelling of her stinky feet. She is just such an angel bird.  :pray:
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Mi Amore
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 16

for the love of all living things great and small

Linux User Mobile User Level 4
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 09:21:50 pm »

loveuk aww what a sweetie pie. my sidne says love you and its so darn sweet you forget what mean things she did just minutes before. well i have to say its partly your fault i got sidne anyways:)
Report Spam   Logged

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 08:17:00 pm »

I love my 3 fids but my mian squeeze is Yoshi.  He is my love, makes me smile when i need it, sometimes likes to just snuggle, plays with the kids without capturing an eyeball or fingertip.  He is soooooo sweet. 

therefore I fully understand.  He is a part of me, my soulmate is a bird, pretty sad i guess, but I will take it.

He is not a little green pitbull unless you are "hurting" (or what he feels is hurting) his girl Cassie or his momma.  then ... :pit:  open the can o whoopass with that beak!
Report Spam   Logged

NH Bird Mom
Crazy Bird Mom
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 14

Phoebe

Combination Topic Starter Poll Voter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 11:48:59 am »

Aww!  That is so cute, Jades! That must have brightened your whole day!  The first time my Mollie said Mommy I got all teary eyed. 

I so want to get a quaker now that they are legal in NH!  (But I have 10 birds now so I have to wait a bit.)

Good to see you back!   hugu 

Report Spam   Logged

NH Bird Mom (Robin)
(aka-Kermitsmom)
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2011, 10:49:15 am »

Thanks. And why wait...whats one more? LOL
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Search Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 03:27:13 pm »

awww, that is just so sweet jades! ya know, twiggy has her moments but she can be quite the sweetie.... usually when she wants something. <grin> i adore her little voice and nothing cracks me up more than her sitting in her cage, with the door open, chanting at me "twiggy want out!!..." over and over.

NHbirdmom, she's right, i mean honestly? what's the diff between 10 and 11?? ya gotta have a quaker to round out the bunch cause no flock is complete without a quaker. <grin>
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: