Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 19, 2024, 05:17:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

masking tape

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: masking tape  (Read 236 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:39 pm »

i've talked about how i put plastic down on the floors under the bird's cages. i have hardwood floors but parrot poo's chief component seems to be cement. cause when that stuff dries it takes a hammer and chisel to get it up! then there's the fruit pulp all over the place and oatmeal which also seems to have some cement-like components. so anyway, i've been cleaning today. scrubbing floors, picking up the old plastic, wiping down cages, cleaning the air purifier and changing the filter. ya know a good cleaning. i even cleaned under the tv! i got enough fluff feathers to make a queen sized feather bed! had to empty the poor vaccuum twice, and its waiting for another trip to the trash can. (i have one of those bagless vaccuums, best investment i ever made!) so anyway, i'm laying the new plastic, using my masking tape to hold it down. i've found masking tape is perfect, its sticky enough to hold the plastic to the floor but not so sticky it leaves a residue. and i called 3m  about a year ago and it is 100% bird safe. i've told ya'll about skittles the masking tape thief. i figured its just a bird thing. wrong. i'm laying plastic, feel darla walk slowly behind me on her way to the bedroom, reach for my tape.... no tape. wth?? skittles is in the kitchen window, it wasnt him.  oh   DARLA!! i go in the bedroom and she has it  in her mouth looking at me like  :pray:   "what? did i do something?"  so i'm just wondering, tho its bird safe is it possible is has some sort of animal attractant?? parrot and dog crack?

btw, i have found i can fake skittles out by pretending to use a birdie bagel from birdnerds and he'll steal that, then i can use my tape in peace cause he thinks he go away with something.  smile3
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ditty
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 44

Ditty

Search Level 4 Windows User
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 06:34:04 pm »

wierd, maybe they like the smell.  I hate the smell.

I like that, the bagel tape swap   hardlaf
Report Spam   Logged

BuffaloParrot

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 11:11:30 am »

IDK? think
Report Spam   Logged
wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 01:15:31 pm »

i think it IS the smell. it has a very unique odor, some people actually LIKE it.  :silence:  I wonder what the adhesive is made of, I bet it is something in that.

good idea faking him out with the bagel!!! I am surprised it works given that you can't fake him out by pretending to eat mush !  dmblaf
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
patti3birds
Proud mom
Hookbill Master Member

Like my post 13

Soaring on the Wings of Love

Windows User Linux User Mobile User
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 07:56:07 am »

Good Job on the fake out...I will hafta remember that one...gotta smell like cheese to them...(gromit)  hardlaf
Report Spam   Logged

Charlie- Green Winged Macaw
Peyote Tomas- Sunday Conure
Molly- Sun Conure

All Loved and adored By me: Patti

Axel--Feb 08, 2008-Jan 3, 2011** For whom taught me Bird Love**
Rose-- you too my sweet girl Dec 27, 2011
Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 09:12:02 am »

I think this is the first time I ever heard of a human outsmarting a parrot. Good thinking!  thinkin3
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: