Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
March 28, 2024, 08:14:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

Round them up/Get em outta here!

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Round them up/Get em outta here!  (Read 138 times)
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Badges: (View All)
Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« on: March 15, 2009, 11:02:14 am »

BrokenWing Chronicles
Round them up/Get em outta here!

In the last decade, record numbers of immigrants, both legal and illegal, have fueled the greatest growth in public schools since the baby boom. The influx has strained many districts’ budgets and resources and put classrooms on the front lines of America’s battles over whether and how to assimilate the newcomers and their children.

Inside schools, which are required to enroll students regardless of their immigration status and are prohibited from even asking about it, the debate has turned to how best to educate them.

The challenges have only intensified with a souring economy and deepening anger over illegal immigration, provoking many Americans to question whether those living here unlawfully should be educated at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/us/15immig.html?exprod=myyahoo

I really don't understand the reasoning concerning this issue.
If I break the laws, I go to jail...
About 6 years ago, the company I used to work for hired  8 illegal mexicans to do some roofing work, a few spoke enough english to gets some points across to me.

1, For $65.00 he could buy a fake S.S number.
2, He rear ended the car in front of him, no drivers license, no insurance, no tabs on the license plate, the police officer patted him on the back and let him go.
3, He flaunted the idea that I could call imigration and turn him in and that I would be paid for doing so...
4, He has been deported several times, he is usually back within a weeks time.

Today, this very same illegal parson drives a newer vehicle than I and is working......

Hmmmmmm
 ???
Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

looniebirds
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 32

Smile!

Level 4 Windows User Combination
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 11:31:08 am »

I don't know what to say.  There are always iilegals driving around having accidents and not held responsible for them, while the victims [citizens] are left to try to pick up the pieces [if they are still alive to do so!]

Unfortunately, I think in a lot of cases, but not all, companies can get by with paying illegals less money than they would pay citizens, one company I know of even had minors working in one of their plants, until they got caught.  So it all comes back to greed and the almighty dollar!

So it is in a good part the fault of the greedy companies that hire them.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 12:24:45 pm by looniebirds » Report Spam   Logged

sophiemae
Parrot Trooper

Like my post 31

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 01:39:47 am »

Not to offend anyone, this is just my opinion. I agree, round them up and send them back! I have no problem with people from other nations wanting to live in America, I have a problem with the ones that do it illegally. If you want to live here than go through the proper channels, become a citizen and learn the language! It irrates me that we live in a country where English is susposed to be the spoken language and yet more and more we are bending to the ways of others and having to take up Spanish in some cities more than others. If you are here in this country take the time to learn the language, people who come from France, Germany, and etc all make the effort to speak the language. If we as Americans go into another country that speaks a foriegn language they do not make provisions for us, we have to learn thier language to get by. So why is it that so many Americans let this happen, the government sure doesn't seem to think twice about it as they hire bi-lingual in certain areas. In fact there are many jobs that you could be a perfect fit for and will lose that job to someone that speaks Spanish because they deal with clientel that only speak Spanish. Yes, I know there are other nationalities that don't make the effort, but we as a country don't make so many provisions for them either. I understand why Mexicans come here to work, they get paid in cash to work jobs that most of us would not do, so there is a supply and demand nitch for them. I do feel for some as they are doing all they can to help thier families, but in the end I think the families would be better helped if they came into the country legally. Ok, I think I've gone off on a tangent, so I'm gonna stop now. If I have offended anyone that was not my intention, these are just my opinions and I would never excpect anyone to feel they have to agree with me.
Report Spam   Logged

Rachel: 10yr old Congo African Grey
Jimmy: 4yr old Peach Fronted Conure
The Three Stooges: 6mo old Zebra Finches
Crossroads: Unknown age Spangle Sky Blue Budgie
Chowder: 1yr old Opiliated Green Budgie
Georgette: 8yr old Black DMH Princess
Romeo: 2.5yr old White & Tan Siamese Mix
Home: Henderson, NV
BirdCrazy
Splendid Sr. Member

Like my post 18

Search Level 5 Linux User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:44:36 am »

I agree, round 'em up and get 'em out of here. I have no problem with people from other nations living here, but they need to be here legally, and go through the proper channels of becoming a citizen. Most of all, they need to learn our language. We have to learn their languages when we go to their countries, why shouldn't they have to learn ours to come here?  No offense to anyone, this is just my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Jadesmom
Hyacinth Member

Like my post 19

Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 09:05:37 am »

Know what really ticks me off?  - when I call somewhere and am told "To continue in english, push #1" Why? This is the USA and English is our primary language. Why do I have to do anything to continue to speak in my mother tongue? I also speak spanish, so its not a point of not understanding, its a point of when in Rome.....so I think if you live in the USA, work in the USA, raise your kids in the USA, learn to speak english. There are plenty of english as second language classes out there.
Report Spam   Logged

“My brother and sister birds, you should praise your Creator and always love him: He gave you feathers for clothes, wings to fly and all other things that you need. It is God who made you noble among all creatures, making your home in thin, pure air. Without sowing or reaping, you receive God’s guidance and protection.”
St. Francis of Assissi

My rescued and adopted feathered family...
Zebra Finches - The widow Mary Meeper & her new beau Joey Peepers, Leo and all the "kids"
The Quakes - Jade & Buddy & Ducky
"Sunday" Conure - Bella
Canary Wing Parakeets - Dexter and Morgan
The Budgies - Waldo, Wanda,  Pixie, and Violet
Fly high little Johnny Meeper  - flew to the Rainbow Bridge 1-6-2010
BrokenWing
Teacher Member
Psittaciforme Full Member

Like my post 19

Rescue

Level 5 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 09:37:09 am »

Anyone wishing to visit America, your very welcome, you wish to come here on business, we welcome the business.
I do not come to your country to live, I have a home....don't come to my country to live, America has enough residents and she is struggling to feed them.
We speak English here in America, so bring your language book as I bring mine when visiting your land.
Do not tread upon us, you come here.....you are very welcomed.....at the end of your stay...you go home.
I have no issues "what so ever" if immigrants come here to the USA to work in our field to help support there families but when the work is done...they go home.....
When I break a law...I pay for the law break to the American people, these Mexicans come into our country and they care not for our laws, our language, nothing...they come here to take and to disrespect.
There are many that will learn our language, but it will only benefit them...not to be respectful...to benefit them....
The ones I have spoken with...are looking for American girls....they wish to marry and breed knowing then they can not be deported....think about that...
They are nothing less than a Parasite, and as with all Parasites, they need to be removed.

Now.....I am half Mexican, half German....My Grandfather and Grandmother came from Leon Mexico, they applied for residency, they learned the English language, They became citizens, by the law...
My father married a full German woman....so I grew up in a Wet-Back world, not belonging in either Mexico and or America....a Half Breed.

I applied for a SS number and went to work at the age of 10...I am an American....

There is no "they just want to work", There is no "there are friends", There is no "they have a RIGHT to be here".

They have broken the law of the American People.
They have defied the Constitution that governs the American People.

"Round them up.....Get em outta here".
Report Spam   Logged

When all is done that is asked from me and I can fly no higher, I pray this day his hand extends to welcome home a flier.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: