Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums
April 16, 2024, 05:35:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: IMPORTANT LINKS
BuffaloParrot.com
Forum Code of Conduct
Forum Portal
Contact us via Email: buffaloparrot@buffaloparrot.com
Squawk It Up!

Welcome to the Buffalo Parrot Squawk Forums!Play our Daily Trivia Game! New Questions Daily!

Home Help Search Arcade Downloads Gallery Links RECENT POSTS Staff List Calendar Login Register Chat  

rio made me look at skittles

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rio made me look at skittles  (Read 85 times)
steptoe91(tozie)
Flock Leader

Like my post 50

Badges: (View All)
Search Linux User Mobile User
« on: August 04, 2011, 07:07:19 pm »

ya know, i've never really paid attention to how skittles gets from one place to another. but when i was watching rio and he was much better at climbing than jewel. i really started thinking about it. first of all, i really looked at it and they did a good job with that animation. i could see a real macaw moving like he did, not only in how he walked but how he climbed, too. anyway, i was watching skittles and skittles climbs and moves kinda neat. he uses his body's momentum to climb up quickly. and of course i've always loved to watch him walk. he has the most adorable waddle. and watching him run across the floor just cracks me up. he flattens out and his little legs just go like heck! lol!  of course while i'm laughing my butt off drew is usually yelling "mom!! help! he's coming after me!!!" <snicker> what else can scare a creature 60 times his weight??? (did i do the math right? skittles is 2lbs and drew is 120.. or so)
Report Spam   Logged

Beth, the crazy lady who lives on the corner

Skittles - scarlet macaw, Marley - black headed caique, Twiggy - quaker parrot, Ollie - yellow naped amazon, Caleb - Moluccan Cockatoo

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

wishforabird
WISHY
Flock Leader

Like my post 30

...all creatures great and small...

Badges: (View All)
Level 4 Combination Topic Starter
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:01:44 am »

I agree!! (except for the mising toe!) they did an AWESOME job on the animation..
they got the "macaw waddle" down! the neck movements, the wings, the sounds.... I was very pleased. 
they showed the poaching and got it across just enough to show how sad it is without scaring the carp out of the kids.. this may be the start of the awareness that needs to be raised for the next generation.

the party pack DVD set has a REALLY good making-of for the movie, and it shows how they did the music and the animation.. each bird (and dog and person  smile3) had its own animator who REALLY got into the character. they studied facial expressions and everything to be sure they got it right, they videotaped themselves walking to make sure THAT looked realistic, they WENT to Rio for Carnival and went hang gliding! that is why it all feels so real, the director was adamant that they experience everything so they could draw upon it for this film (The director is from Brazil, so he wanted to make it "right" (authentic), he said when he heard them doing the music his heart started racing because it felt so much like home :) the main male lead human character is also Brazilian because the director wanted the accent to be authentic. Brazil is #1 Music and #2 Soccer (futball) so that was highlighted in this film. it is soo much fun to see.

that is why I think the extra $4 for the extra disc is worth it, it is really packed with info! (if you like to know the hows and whys) it actually showed how they did the animation and WOW is it ever complicated!!!!!!  :cstars:

LOL the picture I get in my head of Skittles chasing a grown man-boy is hilarious!!!! he had BETTER run!
Report Spam   Logged

-Wishy

-Julian Robert; MY SOMEDAY Conure, born April 5, 2010 :)
            came home: June 29, 2010
-*Stellaluna 12/15/08-11/1/10; sky-blue budgie
            (the bird that started it all)*
-Victor Augustus; 2008- Aug 12, 2011; rest in peace, good sir.
* Colbie; 2010 * Easter Daffodil;  born spring 2011; * Nerhi; born spring 2011;
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: